Sunday, March 16, 2008

Slavery and more

I am so tired of hearing that word. Why do blacks insist that slavery effects them still today? How? It doesn't exist today. There are no slaves and the black people that mention slavery were never slaves. They have more rights, it seems, than white people do nowadays. Reasoning for bringing that up is upon my hearing about their civil rights are always being violated. There are organizations out there to purposely help black people. Black people have more rights than anyone.

I don't hear jewish people going around saying how they were mistreated and that they demand special treatment for it and the Holocaust was recent! There are still survivors alive today but I bet you won't find a single slave survivor alive today.

Black people think their civil rights are violated because a white person got a job over them or an apartment over them not even thinking that maybe, just maybe the white person has better qualifications than them. It always goes back to they got the job because they are white. Maybe the white person had better credit than the black person did, but of course that's not a valid reason for a white person to get an apartment over a black person. The white person got it simply for the fact that they were white. Now I am sure there have been several times a black person was denied an apartment based solely on the color of their skin but I wouldn't blame them. I have came across very very few black people who actually act like respectful human beings. I would be worried if I was a landlord about renting one of my places to a black person. I would wonder where the money was coming from and if they do drugs and if they are actually going to take care of the apartment or not.

Blacks need to drop the whole slavery bit. Frankly, it's old and overused. Grow up and quit feeling like the whole world owes you something because the world doesn't. It's you that can make a change. It's you that can better yourself as a human being and make a contribution to this country., but I guess that is the white persons mentality.